The goal of these works is to streamline the movement of trains at this junction where 90% of the country’s rail traffic goes through (i.e. over 200 trains/day). Alleviating this interchange, which virtually irrigates the entire national rail network, will create more capacity and significantly improve the pace and regularity of trains.
The phase of August 20th required exceptional measures:
- Closure of train traffic at the Casa-Port station;
- Interruption of traffic between the stations of Casa-Voyageurs, Casa-Port and Ain Sebaa.
Significant human, material and logistical resources mobilized to condense this major work in 24 hours instead of the estimated 364 hours (at a normal pace of 2 hours per night for 6 months): These are seven projects carried out simultaneously, requiring the mobilization of 250 ONCF employees and over 400 agents from the 15 national companies operating in the various construction sites.
In order to better manage passenger transport during this day, the ONCF set up a special system :
- An exceptional traffic program: All trains to the South will depart from Casa Voyageurs and those from the North will be limited to Ain Sebaa;
- The provision of shuttle buses between Casa-voyageurs and Ain Sebaa for travelers wishing to continue their journey by train beyond these stations;
- The mobilization of 800 employees in the stations to provide travelers with assistance and information;
- Setting up of a 24/24 monitoring unit at the ONCF command post to supervise, manage and monitor traffic and ensure the coordination of the various works;
- Launching in August 10-20 2017 a global and diversified communication campaign to inform users and allow them to make their arrangements in advance.
ONCF asks all passengers to obtain information from its agents at the train stations and on board trains, as well as through the Customer Relation Center (2255) and our website www.oncf.ma Resumption of traffic is scheduled for Monday, August 21st at 5 am.
All of this work is part of a vast investment program unprecedented in the history of railways in our country, conducted as part of the policy of major projects initiated for several years under the impetus His Majesty King Mohammed VI. It includes several structuring projects towards the modernization and development of the national rail network, which will allow, as soon as they are put into service, to considerably improve the quality and the rail offer for sustainable mobility.